Friday 20 April 2012

Why Losing Your Balance Can Be Good for You

Ooh, Google have changed all the templates for my blog, so that I feel as if I'm all thumbs today.  I'm in a state of cyber bewilderment and don't quite know if I'm on my head or my heels.

As a writer, I know that I should hold onto this state, (although in my heart I long to be up, running and totally proficient). But while my technological balance (and every other kind of balance) is uncertain, I'm sure that the potential for interesting things to happen is far greater than normal.  When your feet are solidly on the ground, you may find you are less creative.  If you are mid-somersault you may see things from a more interesting perspective

With that thought in my mind, I'm going to stop writing and fumble around behind the scenes for a bit, to find out how everything fits together.

It's no good.  I'm lying to you.  Actually, I'm going to sneak off and read Mother's Milk by Edward St Aubin - prose whetted like a blade and a talent to make you weep. 

Enjoy the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment