Wednesday 9 November 2011

Aspirations

What I aspire to most as a writer is clarity, both of vision and expression.  Being able to look at something and communicate what I see with such freshness that anyone reading what I have written will think differently -- even for a moment -- about what I'm describing.  Within that clarity I want to achieve an element of originality -- why take the time to rehash what someone else has already done without putting your own imprint upon it - and also that my writing should resonate.  That's my other aspiration.  To tap into the mystical sharing of common experience, so that anyone reading my work will think  ah yes, I've been there too.

So, not putting myself under any pressure there.  But aim high:  the endless seduction of writing is that it is as difficult to do.

What are your aspirations?


No comments:

Post a Comment